Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweeney Todd


Fun movie, in a very dark and disturbing way. When the movie was done I realized I did enjoy it quite a bit, but was a little perplexed as to why. I think there are two characteristics that appealed to me.

The first is watching how someone reacts when they are pushed to the edge and mentally "snap". I've always been a little curious as to how I would react in a situation like that. There are several movies where a man looses his wife/love/children...that might make me loose it too. I don't really plan on ever snapping, so there is little worry about me becoming a demon barber :)

The second aspect of the movie that sucked me in was karma. There are lots of examples in the movie about negative actions bringing negative consequences on yourself. There are also some examples of positive karmic relationships - you just have to look a little harder in this dark movie.

No comments: